Quirky T is planning a future trip to seven countries in Europe. This won’t be a music related trip, so no sightseeing of Beatles related places. In looking over my itinerary, I realized that I am not familiar with music from any of these countries. I do however associate some songs with these countries.
- France – The Beatles’ song “Michelle”
- Germany – German versions of The Beatles’ “I Want to Hold Your Hand” (“Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand”) and “She Loves You” (“Sie Liebt Dich”)
- Italy – the music of Italian-Americans Lou Monte and Louis Prima https://guitartrain.wordpress.com/2015/12/24/quirky-ts-favorite-christmas-songs-2/
- Austria – the songs from the movie “The Sound of Music”
- Switzerland – yodeling and the alp horns which were (still are?) used to call in the cows
- Liechtenstein – I don’t associate any music with this small country which I very excited to visit.
- Luxembourg – Just like Liechtenstein, I don’t know the music but I am excited to visit the country.
Since I’ll be on a group tour and not on my own often, I am not sure how much of each country’s music I will actually hear. Also, not speaking all the languages of all the countries I am visiting, I wouldn’t even understand what I am hearing. Still it would be nice to hear music in different languages.
Now I just have to re-watch the movies “Charade” https://guitartrain.wordpress.com/2015/01/22/quirky-ts-favorite-instrumental-movie-soundtracks/
and “National Lampoon’s European Vacation” and I’ll be ready for my trip.
Guitar Train passengers, do you like music from any of the countries I will be visiting? Which musicians would you recommend I seek out?